Technical Meeting on SHI Software Engineering at the IDC
Vienna International Centre
26-27 June 2023
The working language will be English
This meeting allows States Signatories to learn about software development efforts at the IDC. Several efforts are ongoing to improve the software in use at the IDC, and NDC software shared with States Signatories via NDC-in-a-Box. The PTS is currently in Phase 3 of the IDC SHI ReEngineering program, which includes a large-scale effort to improve the SHI processing system, SOH, and the Analyst Interface.
The goal is a modern, maintainable, flexible, pipeline processing system. Progress is ongoing, and many states have participated in the Alpha Testers Group for ReEngineering. In addition, many other software development efforts are also ongoing to improve IDC product distribution, NIAB, routine data processing, and processing for Expert Technical Analysis. This meeting allows experts to discuss and review such software updates in depth and give feedback.
This 2023 technical meeting will focus on:
- Reviewing current status of work on ReEngineering, including progress updates, and discussion of the project plan, projected milestones, and updated deliverables.
- Updates on testing and use of NetVISA, Threshold Monitoring, DTK-(G)PMCC, RSTT, and F-detector, and use of High-Performance Computing (HPC).
- Recent updates to Product Distribution, VDMS, FDSN and NIAB.
Discussion of other software efforts to update and improve SHI processing. Meeting participants are invited to contribute to the technical meeting by making 20 minute presentations related to one of the following themes:
- Theme 1: Re-Engineering Project Status
- Theme 2: Experiences of Alpha Testers Group, NDCs engaging with ReEngineering, and Products of Consideration for the PTS
- Theme 3: Technical and Scientific Ideas to improve SHI processing
To be provided in due time
- Experts responsible for the software development for waveform monitoring at the National Data Centres.
- Experts involved in software development for environmental monitoring applications, particularly in waveform methods, including signal processing, user interfaces, database systems.
- Participants should have in-depth knowledge of at least one aspect of SHI data processing at the IDC.
Applicants are requested to visit our website ctnw.ctbto.org and apply online latest by 20 March 2023.
Financial support may be available for a limited number of participants. Such assistance must be requested at the time of registration (by selecting the relevant box during online registration) and no later than 20 March 2023.
States Signatories wishing to nominate experts are requested to inform the Provisional Technical Secretariat (see Point of Contact) through their respective Permanent Mission.
Applicable for PTS-funded participants only
In accordance with the Staff Rules and Regulations and Administrative Directives, the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS) will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover the related expenses during the technical meeting;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight ticket to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, be authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost-effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation and technical meeting participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance upon arrival in Vienna; and
- Health insurance providing coverage for the duration of the technical meeting will be provided.
Requirement: Scanned passport copies.
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, at the corresponding Embassy/Consular Office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing. The PTS will provide personal invitations to visa applicants.
Capacity Building and Training Section, International Data Centre Division (IDC/CBT)
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Tel: +43 1 26030 6147
Email: [email protected]