Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Advanced Training Course on Radionuclide Particulates Data Analysis
THIS TRAINING COURSE IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Vienna International Centre
The working language will be English
- Understanding the role of National Data Centres (NDC) in the verification regime;
- Building and improving the NDC capabilities;
- Strengthening the analytical skills of NDCs technical staff on access and analysis of IMS radionuclide data.
- Analysis algorithms of particulate spectra
- Data downloading and automatic processing
- Review of supporting spectral data
- Automatic background subtraction
- Monte Carlo simulation
- External IDC database
- Analysis of complex sample spectra
- Test/Final assessment
Software tools for the training
- iNSPIRE (iNtegrated Software Platform for Interactive Radionuclide rEview)
- GRANDSim (Geant 4 based RAdioNuclide Detector Simulation)
- SqlDeveloper (for external database)
- RNToolkit (web-based application for browsing radionuclide analysis results in IDC operation)
A detailed/Final agenda will be shared in due course.
- NDC technical staff/ authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Participation in one of the previous Radionuclide Training Course on NDC Capacity Building is a requirement;
- Experience in radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification.
NDC technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs). States Signatories are encouraged to nominate qualified female candidates.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form to apply:
Deadline for application: 1 May 2023
Applications will be reviewed and applicants notified subsequently. However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration form upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the Provisional Technical Secretariat (PTS).
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A round-trip ticket to Vienna on the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so in advance, and only if this proves to be the most cost effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs for the accommodation. Training participants will receive the relevant portion of the Daily Subsistence Allowance (per-diem) via bank transfer upon arrival to the first day of the training course; and
- Health and accident insurance will be provided for the duration of the training, including travel days.