NDC Training Course - NDC Waveform Analyst course including SeisComP
Vienna International Centre
6 November - 1 December 2023
The working language will be English
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data Centre capabilities;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products and
- Providing practical experience in analyzing IMS data.
- Introduction and overview;
- Methods to Access IMS Data and IDC products;
- NDC Support;
- IMS Data, Acquisition, Processing and Storage: Standard Software Packages;
- Necessary NDC Resources to Process IMS Data and Analyze IDC Products;
- Practical sessions on Data and Products Access, and use of SeisComp, etc.
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal User or Regular User);
- Experience in waveform data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test ban verification;
- Seismologists with an advanced degree who operate or have access to regional and local seismic network data and the means of processing that data to provide accurate phase pick information; and
- Linux background and some SQL experience are required.
To be considered for this course applicants have to attend and successfully complete Two-Weeks Training Course on NDC Capacity Building: Access and Analysis of Waveform IMS Data and IDC Products.
NDC Technical Staff are invited to submit their applications for this training course through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs). However, pending the official nomination, participants may email the registration upon its approval by a Director of the institution, to allow timely travel and accommodation arrangements by the PTS.
Applicants are requested to use the registration form provided here by the registration deadline of 25 August 2023 :
In accordance with the Staff regulations and rules and Administrative Directives, the PTS will provide the following:
- A Daily Subsistence Allowance (DSA) that is sufficient to cover related expenses during the training programme;
- The PTS travel agent will reserve, issue and forward the flight tickets to the participants for the most direct and economic route;
- Funded participants are not allowed to purchase their own tickets unless, under exceptional circumstances, they are authorized to do so and only if this proves to be the most cost-effective option for the PTS;
- The PTS will book a hotel and cover the costs of accommodation and training participants will receive their remaining Daily Subsistence Allowance on the first day of the training; and
- Health insurance will be provided that covers the duration of the training.
Requirement: scanned copy of valid passport
OTHER PERTINENT INFORMATION
Participants should apply for visas, if needed, as soon as possible, at the corresponding Embassy/Consular Office upon receipt of an acceptance Note Verbale from the PTS, in order to ensure timely processing.