Capacity Building and Training
Access through the Internet
The online training can be attended at any time.
English. Parts of the course are available in all UN languages upon request
- Understanding the roles of National Data Centres in the verification regime;
- Building and/or improving the National Data;
- Providing participants with sufficient knowledge for accessing and using IMS data and IDC products.
Introduction to the Treaty and Verification System
- CTBT History, Treaty, Organization and Verification Regime
- National Implementation of the CTBT, before and after Entry into Force
- Overview of the IDC
- Overview of the IMS
The International Monitoring System
- Seismic Monitoring
- Hydroacoustic Monitoring
- Infrasound Monitoring
- Radionuclide Monitoring
- IMS Waveform Data Acquisition, Storage and Processing
- IMS Radionuclide Data Acquisition, Storage and Processing
The Work of a NDC Analyst
- IMS Data and IDC Products
- Accessing IMS Data and IDC Products
- Overview of Standard Software Packages
- Basic Linux
- NDC Establishment and Operation
- Benefits of IMS Data and IDC Products
- WEB-Grape Tutorial
- New Message System command line tutorial
- Request and Subscriptions
- Introduction to Geotool
- Configuring and Running CD Tools
- NDC-in-a-Box Radionuclide Components
- NDC technical staff/authorized users (preferably Principal user or Regular User); and
- Experience in waveform or radionuclide data analysis and/or similar experience related to nuclear test-ban verification.
NDC Technical staff are invited to submit their applications for this e-learning training through established official channels (their Permanent Missions to the CTBTO or Ministries of Foreign Affairs). There is no deadline for application. Registration forms are accepted at any time.
Applicants are requested to use the following registration form:
Pending its official transmission, the registration form can be sent to the POC above after it has been signed by the Director of your Institution, in order not to delay the preparation by the CTBTO for the candidate's participation.
Other Pertinent Information
Applications will be reviewed and subsequently applicants will be notified.
A certificate will be issued and mailed by post after successful completion of the course.
Administrative Point of Contact (POC)
Ms. Russol Al-Dulaimi
Capacity Building and Training Section (IDC/CBT)
International Data Centre Division
CTBTO Preparatory Commission
P.O. Box 1200, A-1400
Email: [email protected]
06 May 2024 - 10 May 2024
13 May 2024 - 17 May 2024
19 Aug 2024 - 20 Dec 2024